Glass is an excellent choice for internal partitions.
Not only does it allow light to penetrate further into a building, but it can provide many other functions:
- Acoustic attenuation - reduce noise levels between areas.
- Impact resistance - provide a screen for security or prevent falling from one level to another, create glass corridors.
- Privacy - using texture glass or tinted laminated interlayers including white translucent effects/etched effects.
- Decoration – create attractive interior, give the possibility to add logos or direction designs.
- Fire resistance – provide protection against fire.
There are numerous applications for glass as an internal divide. Keeping natural light penetrating as far into a building as possible is a major benefit not only in reducing artificial lighting but providing occupant comfort as well. To maintain light penetration but provide privacy. Many locations require impact resistant glass, and most products can be toughened or laminated to the required impact standard.